Sunday, 16 October 2011

Greenhouse flowers

Well I've been up since the crack of dawn today as I was up to watch the Korean Grand Prix at 6am. So I've had some time to do some crafting.......Yaaay!!

I've made a card for the  CASE study challenge#61 .

They have this card as inspiration and they want a project made that includes material.

I will also be entering it at The Kraft Journal #40 where they want something "to die cut for".


Here is my card



I started with a square cream card and layered it with some blue card that had sponged edges, and some off white open weave hesian. My Big Shot was then used to cut 2 green vines, a white scallop circle, and a lilac butterfly. The vines were placed at a right angle in the bottom corner, over which I grouped some flowers which I'd stamped onto white card and cut out. The sentiment was stamped onto the scalloped circle and then the top and bottom sections cut away to leave the bone shape, and it was placed on 3D pads for dimension. The finishing touch is the die cut butterfly that is secured at the body leaving the wings free.

Recipe : Card = SU Garden Green, Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, and cream card from my stash
Inks = Pixie Pink, Rich Razzelberry, Real Red, Bravo Burgandy,Yo Yo Yellow, Dusty Durango, Bashful Blue, Tempting Turquoise, and Lovely Lilac
Stamps = Greenhouse Garden and Fresh Cuts
Tools = Big Shot, Scallop Circle nestabilities, Marrianne vine and Butterfly dies
Extras = Hesian and 3D pads

I find making these 2 step flowers quite theraputic ( and I'm getting better at doing them without using the Stamp-a-ma-jig!!!) and after making an A4 sheet full of different colours, I have some ready to be cut out for my next project.


Thanks for stopping by and looking at my blog, and I'd love to know what you think if you have time to leave a comment.

Please call back again soon.











6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card - love the way you've cut out the shape for your sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is fabulous love all the flowers they are gorgeous and your butterfly is amazing too:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous summery colours and the Greenhouse Garden flowers look fabulous! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, what beautiful flowers and gorgeous butterfly! Your card is a wonderfully creative, feminine card! I'm so glad you've played along with us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way of incorporating material on your card!
    Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week :)
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.