Friday, 28 October 2011

Xmas Poinsettia




Last night at Jacqueline's I started my card for the Case Study challenge #63 where their muse is still Niki Estes, and her inspiration card is this lovely rose.






Today I've finished putting mine together, and I'll also be entering it into the The Kraft Journal #42 where " Anything goes".


Have a look and see what you think of my interpretation.




 
First I used the Jolly Jingles jumbo roller to create the festive text background on some white card that was then matted onto a cream square card. The red petals and green leaves were made with the large Blossoms punch to create a Poinsettia flower, the edges sponged, and stuck onto a white card circle layered on a red scalloped circle nestabilities cut by the BS. Some Cosmic Twinkles were dabbed on all the petal and leaf tips, and the finishing touch was the gem in the center.


 
Recipe : Card = Whisper White, Real Red, Wild Wasabi, cream from my stash
Stamps = Jolly Jingles roller
Inks = Adirondack Rust, Real Red, and Always Artichoke
Tools = Big Shot, Scallop Circle nestabilities, Build a Blossoms punch
Extras = Cosmic Twinkles and Gem

While the roller and Blossom punch were out I also made this quick Christmas card.


 
I've a busy few days ahead, so I'll wish you all a good weekend, and spooky fun filled Happy Halloween.!!


 

7 comments:

  1. Just so beautiful cards:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just back today Bev and really enjoyed catching up on your blog. LOVE the halloween one and the Christmas tree one here is a beauty too! Enjoy your weekend! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love poinsettias!And especially that you made it the focal point on your card. Great job! Thanks for playing along this week at The Kraft Journal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I love the use of the roller for the back panel! And that poinsettia is just lovely! Whoever gets this will definitely love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How creative are these??! Love them both, especially the Christmas tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.