Sunday, 20 November 2011

Santa Sky

I've not had much time for crafting today, but I have made a card for 2 challenges again.

First is CASE Study challenge #66 with this Kryssi Ng card for inspiration

and  second is Simply Less is More week 42 where the theme is SILHOUETTES.

This is my card



I started by printing some  Merry Christmas text background paper that I typed on my laptop, and cutting it into a square. I then placed a Post It note moon in the center of the top half of the paper, and sponged over it with some blue and black inks. When this was peeled off I was left with a white moon that showed the text still running across it. I layered this onto some black card and then a square white card. I then drew a skyline of rooftops on some black card, cut it out, and stuck it along the bottom of the sponged sky.

 I then stamped Santa and his Reindeer pulling his sleigh in black across the sky and moon.

I Versamark stamped the sentiment on the rooftops and heat embossed it with white powder. The finishing touch was the randomly placed pearly star sequins.


Recipe : Card = Basic Black and white card stock from my stash
Stamps = Clarity and Dovecraft
Inks = Basic Black, Brilliant Blue, and Versamark
Extras = Printed background paper, Sequins and white embossing powder

Thanks for looking at my blog today, and I would love it, if you have time, to leave me a comment.

I'll be back soon





 

22 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! Love the Santa sleigh image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is lovely, fab distressing and masking x

    ReplyDelete
  3. And just look at how lovely it turned out too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Bev, well done :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, Bev - love your skyline! This would have been perfect for Gingersnaps Black and Grey theme x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bev, These are beautiful, love the background papers on both cards and the images too:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Bev, how beautiful!!! LOVE the shimmery stars--and the masked off moon is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning bev!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is brilliant Bev, love how you have totally, handmade every part to it too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely! I can hardly believe that you drew those roof tops! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sweet card and perfect for this weeks CASE...hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your fabulous scene! Just magical! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm very fond of text overstamped to add interest to a background.
    Lovely card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, how lovely! I love the sparkly stars :) Thank you for playing along with us at CASE Study!! Chupa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant Bev
    super card
    Thank you so much
    mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love every detail of your card, Bev. It's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A super festive card. Love the santa silhouette. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely Santa and his Sleigh image, with an unusual but lovely background Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.