Monday, 23 April 2012

Oriental Friend



Today's card colours were inspired by this card over at Case Study challenge


and the layout came from the sketch at Pals Paper Arts


The black, white, and red colours always scream "Oriental" to me, and much as I tried to do other things with them I'm affraid my card has that eastern feel to it. What do you think?





The Swirl, Flower, and sentiment were all stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with Black powder to add a bit of shine and definition. I added white Pearls to the flowers and a diamond to the sentiment flower, and the black ribbon was added as a stripe and tails on the rosette.

Recipe :
Card = Basic Black, Whisper White, Poppy Parade, and white card base from my stash
Stamps = Baroque Motifs and My Friend
Inks = Versamark
Tools = Big Shot, Nestabilities, Heat gun, and Readicut Flower punches
Extras = 3D pads, Black embossing powder, Black ribbon, White Pearl and diamond gems.

My first day of "Mum sitting" is over, but I'm off again tomorrow.

I hope to be back soon, and thanks for dropping by


4 comments:

  1. I think the Poppy Parade shade of red looks quite oriental with black but the card design doesn't have an Eastern feel at all! I like your little rosette. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So striking with the Poppy and Black!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful embossing and great choice of colours! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.