Pages

Thursday 13 October 2011

Autumn Tree

Yaaaayyy!! I've come Top 3 again at Make My Monday challenge. Thank you so much ladies, I'm really chuffed!.

This afternoon I've finally got some time to craft, and I am going to enter my card today into several challenges as they all have similar themes.

My first is for Make My Monday challenge #19 where they are looking for Autumn Trees,

Pals Paper Arts PPA115  and

Stampin Royalty#93 where they have these Autumn photos as inspiration.

So here is my card


  
I started with some cream card on which I randomly and lightly stamped a leaf  and ink splats in 2 colours, and sponged over it and the edges. I then stamped a tree of my own design and coloured it with Pro markers. A sheer gold ribbon was wrapped around this card, the opposing corners were rounded, and then it was layered on to some tan and maroon cards before placing on a cream card. A small leaf was then stamped on some cream card in 5 colours and coloured with an Aqua painter, and each one was cut out and stuck at the bottom of the tree except for the 5 that have not blown from the branches yet!. The finishing touch is the birthday sentiment.


Here is a close up of the fallen leaves and the lightly stamped background.

Recipe :  Card = So Saffron, Cherry Cobbler, with tan and cream cards from my stash
Stamps = Lovely as a Tree, French Foliage, Verve, and my own tree.
Inks = Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbler, Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry, Adirondack Black and Rust, and Tea Dye Distress Ink
Extras = Aqua painter, Brown Pro marker and sheer ribbon

I love the warm leaf colours and hope you like it too.

Thanks for dropping by today, and please call back when you can.


 

 

6 comments:

  1. Wow Bev - those fallen leaves are absolutely fabulous! A great tree too! Congratulations on making top 3 at Make My Monday this week and thank you for letting me know I did to - I'm in good company! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Bev - how long did it take you to cut out all those leaves????? - Thanks for joining in this week at Make My Monday and well done on the top 3 - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what a fun tree! And a lovely background to match! ! Ü ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card, though I don't think I would of had the patience to cut all the leaves out. Thanks for joining in over on Make My Monday.

    Cathx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work with such detail. A fab tree. Thanks for sharing with us again at MMM, your continued support is greatly apprecitated. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Bev and just love your tree and the fallen leaves which are such beautiful shades.
    Thanks for joining in at the Make My Monday challenge and wishing you good luck.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.