Pages

Tuesday 22 November 2011

A Christmas Hoot!

Yaaaayy!! I've come Top 3 at the  Simply Stampin Challenge again. I'm so pleased and must say a big "Thank You" to the DT for choosing me.

The card I've made today is for the Clean and Simple challenge #167 where they have this sketch.

I thought for a change I'd put my stamps aside and use the cute owl I made with Jacqueline's punch a while ago.


Here he is in his Santa suit, isn't he cute?



The card started with some green card that was embossed in the BS and placed on a white card. I then sponged a blue sky over a snowy hill scene on a white textured card circle, which was then matted onto a red circle. I then stamped some holly sprigs numerous times on some dark green card and cut them out to sit along the bottom of the scene. I then stamped the greeting on some white card and placed a tree shaped brad at each end. This was then raised on 3D pads for dimension and also somewhere for the owl to perch.

Recipe : Card = Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Lavender Lace, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, and white card stock from my stash
Stamps = Dovecrafts and Docraft
Inks = Bashful Blue, Always Artichoke, Real Red, Basic Black, and White Gel pen
Tools = Big Shot, Swirl embossing folder, Owl Punch
Extras = Tree Brads



Thanks for dropping by today, and as tomorrow is my Super Hero day with Nathan,  I'll be back in a few days time.









3 comments:

  1. Hi Bev, It sure is lovely great image and l like your embossed folder background:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this Bev - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That owl is the cutest thing I've seen in a long time Bev! Vx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.