Pages

Saturday 10 December 2011

Blue Christmas!



This afternoon, in between putting my decorations up, I took a break to have a coffee and finish the card I started yesterday.
My card is for the Pals Paper Arts challenge, and their theme is something for "Puttin' on the Ritz" with extra sparkle, shine, or decoration.


I thought of putting some "bling" on a Christmas tree, but as I don't have one in the form of a stamp, I decided to make one out of the scroll in the SU Strength and Hope set.

This is how it turned out



I started by stamping the whole scroll in Versamark on navy card and heat embossing it with a silver pearl powder. Then I reduced the size of each scroll the higher it went, till the fourth and last scroll was just the heart and leaves.




The BS was used to cut labels from the stamped navy and silver cards, that were then layered. I rounded the corners of a square cream card and a matt of pale blue card that had been wrapped with silver and navy ribbons was added, onto which the stamped panel was placed on 3D pads for added dimension. The finishing touches were the sentiment stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with silver powder, and the addition of clear gems to the tree and the "i" in Winter.

Recipe :
Card = Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, and Silver and cream cards from my stash
Stamps = Strength and Hope and sentiment from my stash
Inks = Versamark
Tools = Big Shot, Nestabilities labels, and Heat gun
Extras = Ribbons, Silver and Silver Pearl powders, and gems


Thanks for looking at my blog today and I'd love to see what you think.

Oh, and a big "Hello" and "Welcome" to my new followers, thank you for your support.







3 comments:

  1. Hi Bev, This is gorgeous!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever Bev - I absolutely love this fabulous card! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along at Pals Paper Arts! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.