Pages

Thursday 8 December 2011

Glitter Christmas

Hello my blogging friends, I'm back in the crafting saddle but I'm not firing on all cylinders yet, so please bear with me.

Today I went to Jacqueline's, and as her challenge blog ( Make My Monday) is looking for a Seasonal project with Added Glitter, I decided to have a go at a technique I'd seen on TV done by Barbara Gray from Clarity Stamps. She uses some sticky paper ( designed and sold by her company )to create glittery scenes that then get stuck on acetate.

Here is the finished card, and then I'll try to explain how I made it!!




If I'd thought about it properly, I would have taken photos of the various stages, but I didn't think of it till the picture was complete!!!! 

Anyway, I placed 2 strips of 1.5" double sided tape side by side, sticky side face up, and stamped the reindeer silhouette directly onto the sticky side with Black Archival ink.                                 The tape was then placed onto the rougher side of a piece of acetate. With a craft knife I carefully cut into the tape backing paper to make a thin wavy strip under the deer, and peeled off the yellow backing ( too much pressure on the knife and it will cut the acetate as well, so carefully does it)


I then sprinkled blue glitter onto the exposed sticky tape. Either side of the deer I cut 2 Christmas trees, but the first parts of the backing to be peeled off were the stripes of tinsel and baubles ( glittered with red ), then the larger trees ( pale green glitter) and lastly the smaller trees ( darker green). I then cut a wavy strip across the background and sprinkled it with silver glitter, and finally the remaining yellow backing paper was peeled off and sprinkled with white glitter.  

Now, to stick this glittery scene down, I stuck 2 strips of the tape onto white card and peeled off the backing tape. The glittery side of the acetate was stuck onto the tape to leave the shiny side of the acetate face up ( so the glitter is sandwiched between acetate and white card) and the scene was then trimmed and layered on some red and green cards. The sentiment was stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with white powder on the red card, and finished off with 3 white pearls.

I hope that this all makes sense to you, but I can thoroughly recommend this technique if you fancy getting glitter absolutely everywhere!!! I think poor Jacqueline will be finding it for weeks to come ( especially as Louise seemed to like lying on it!! ) , Sorry Jacqueline.  

Recipe :    
Card = Green Galore, Real Red, and Whisper White
Stamps = Clarity and Dovecraft
Inks = Black Archival and Versamark
Tools = Martha Stewart border punch, Heat gun, craft knife and wide double sided tape  
Extras = Blue, red, pale green, dark green, silver and white glitters, White embossing powder, and White flat backed pearls


Thanks for dropping by today, and I hope my rambling instructions haven't scrambled your minds too much.


             
  

5 comments:

  1. Hi Bev - I hope you meant Louis and not Louise - I really can't see our Louise rolling on my table in the glitter!!!! - It's a lovely card though and a great technique - just a bit messy! - thanks for joining in at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bev, Oh my Goodness!! Absolutley stunning card love all the glitter and the image is perfect:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my WORD! This is absolutely perfectly glitter!!! I will definitely have to try this--I am a glitter-a-holic. ;D Thanks for joining us this week at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very sparkly card Bev and worth all the mess too.
    Thanks for joining in again over at Make My Monday and so lovely to see you.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is quite something and looks really complicated to me! What a result though! Vx
    PS Much amused at the banter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.