Pages

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Pink Diamond

Hi All!

Today was our Club workshop where we were making Diamond fold cards.

I decided to make mine as an early Mothers Day card and combine it with a new challenge blog I've found over at The Play Date Cafe where they have this colour palette for us.

 Cranberry . . . Raspberry . . . Petal



This is my card. Cherry Cobbler ( Cranberry ), Melon Mambo (Raspberry), and Pretty in Pink (Petal)





                          and here is a side view 













This is the card inside a box I've made with an acetate wrap, and with ribbons across opposite corners topped with a bow to keep the box from sliding out of the wrap.











            Here is a photo of the side of the box










First I scored some white card to create the central diamond, and then I decorated the ends with cards that had been border punched, and added ribbon. I used Jacqueline's SU dies for the layered central panel, which I then decorated with flowers that I'd stamped onto white card and cut out, and arranged with the middle flower raised on 3D pads and a bow, all under the MUM sentiment. I made the box bottom in white card, and scored some acetate to make the wrap.

Recipe :
Card = Cherry Cobbler, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White
Stamps = Ornate Flowers and Papermania sentiment
Inks = Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, and Certain Celery
Tools = Cuttelbug ( Jacqueline's ), SU Dies, and Martha Stewart punch
Extras = Acetate and Ribbons



As I mentioned the other day, I'd helped Nathan make a valentine card for his friend Adelaide. He did all the designing and stamping himself, even though I was there to help him, he told me that he wanted it done "his way, or no way!!", the little Diva.

What do you think of his talents? I wonder where he got them from?

  



He even decorated the inside.

The inks and majority of the stamps are SU, but there are a few toppers and unknown stamps that Boris the Elf had sent him!!







Well that's all for now, I'm hopefully having my hospital treatment tomorrow, so I'll be back soon.

Have a great weekend whatever you're doing







2 comments:

  1. Your diamond card worked very well Bev - glad you enjoyed the workshop - the box looks fab too - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love the box too! Thanks for playing at The PDCC.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.