Pages

Tuesday 27 August 2013

Washi Tape Goose

Yaaaaaaayy!! I must start today's post with some "Thank You's" to DT's who have chosen my card as their Top 3. ( Sorry for blowing my own trumpet, but I'm over the moon!)

First, Make My Monday, for Top 3 with my Silhouette card...........Thank You DT

Second, CAS Colours and Sketches, for Top 3 with my Pastel Flourishes card...........Thank You DT

and thirdly, Color Throwdown, for choosing me as their Featured Stamper.........Thank You DT   


Now down to business! My card today is for three challenges

gave us this sketch,

second, CAS-ual Fridays with these colours,

and third, Less is More, who want us to use
    WASHI TAPE

                                                     

Here is my card



First, I coloured some masking tape with green SU WM, and stamped feathers on it with Archival ink, and once dry, I coloured the large feather with blue.
This was used to frame the stamped goose, who was coloured with orange using my Aqua Painter. He was then placed on 3D pads and laid on a diamond of green card, and onto a white base. Three corners were stamped with the wading birds in orange, and the sentiment was placed in the fourth.


Supplies :
Card = Whisper White, Green and base FMS
Stamps = Wetlands, Fine Feathers, and Simply Sketched
Inks = Black Archival, Pistachio Pudding, Peach Parfait, and Coastal Cabana
Tools = Aqua Painter, and Stamp-a-ma-jig
Extras = Masking Tape and 3D Pads



Before I leave you today, here are the birthday and get well cards, Nathan and Sophie made for my Mum ( Nana to them). I helped with the heat embossing, and cutting the Swallowtail out, but the colours and positions of flowers etc., were all done by the kids themselves. 


Don't you think they have the artistic flare?





Mum comes out of hospital tonight, so I'm nearly back to normal, except I'm having my hospital treatment tomorrow again!! ( these four weeks soon come around! ) , so I'll be back very soon.











8 comments:

  1. Hi Bev! Congratulations on your wins and your card is lovely. I love how Nathan and Sophie did cards for their Nana.. Soo adorable.. Take care.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! love how you framed the cute image on the first card! wonderful work! thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bev totally stunning cards x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on all your wins Bev! I love the feathery border on today's card and Nathan and Sophie's cards are fab too. Stamping with children is really rewarding - I bet you all had a lovely time! So pleased to hear your mum is coming out of hospital. Best wishes with your treatment too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your LIM card looks fab, I must get that stamp set!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I LOVE how you made the frame in the first card, and the coloring is perfect. Your kids' cards are super--they have talent! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card... Love how you used the washi. Thanks for joining us
    Jen x
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your neice and nephews cards are lovely and I am sure cheered up their Nanna immensely. Glad to hear she is out of hospital. I love how you positioned those wading birds around the borders of the cardstock. The colour of them really pops. Vx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.