Pages

Sunday 12 June 2011

DIY Embossing Folder

Nice Duck weather again today!! so I'm just going to have to have another crafting play day..........this is one of the benefits of living alone I love !!

Anyway,I saw this technique on UTube a few weeks ago and just had to have a go.
First I got a piece of cardboard that was parcel packaging I had saved from awhile ago( about double the thickness of a cereal box),and cut it to 12"x15" and folded it in half. I then used a small butterfly punch to cut lots of shapes and stuck them to one side of the card with a glue stick.


The width of 6" is as wide as the platform for the Big Shot,if your embossing unit is different you may need to adjust the width to fit your machine.
Once the glue had dried I sandwiched some SU Real Red card in between the folder with the butterflies on the bottom, and put it through my Big Shot.The first attempt wasn't very good as the card was quite thick,so I put it through again but used the Tan Embossing mats in the sandwich mix and it came out a treat. See here


I then made a card using a large label BS die to cut the butterfly embossed card, and mounted it on a cream card from my stash that had been stamped with the flower from Organic Grace in Crushed Curry.I used a white gel pen to add some faux stitches and wrapped a ribbon from my stash around the bottom half of the label (I forgot to say this was done before it was stuck on the card, sorry) adding a bow to secure the tag printed with a CCurry Woodware sentiment. I them stamped a CCurry butterfly from Inkadinkado and stuck it above the ribbon,finishing it off with some gems for the body and white gel pen to draw some antennae.Take a look


I would think you could do this with any punched shape, so I would be interested to know what you have used if you decide to give it a try.

Good luck and enjoy playing because I certainly did.............Monty wasn't too impressed though as I was taking up quite a bit of his side of the sofa!!


Thanks for dropping by and hope you'll come back again soon. Bev.x

4 comments:

  1. You MUST bring this on Tuesday - I would love to have a closer look you clever lady - Jacqueline xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a very interesting idea, I'll let you know if I use it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd seen this too Bev and it's a great idea! What a great pic of your gorgeous puppy! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous love the puppy...........:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.