Pages

Saturday 17 September 2011

Monotone Steam Punk

Well its the weekend again, and in between chores I've sat and done a little bit of crafting.

I've been pondering over the theme of Steam Punk again for the Make My Monday Challege. I'm not sure why my brain goes blank at the thought, but it does!!!! Anyway, this week it was Monotone aswell, so off I went surfing the net for some downloadables, and after picking through some weird pictures I found some images that I could play with.

After getting covered in black ink and embossing powder, this is what I came up with.



So I started with a white square card and sponged the edges with black ink. Then I tore a square out of the engineering instructions that I'd printed from the net and sponged the egdes again. On another peice of card I printed some cogs, a bird, a hot air balloon, and a man with a tank on his back???, and some cogs. All of these images were sponged, and the cogs were covered in Versamark and heat embossed to make them look more metalic, take a closer look at them



The balloon was raised on 3D pads, and the words 'inspire' and 'wonder' were heat embossed. The word 'discover' was also treated the same way, but it was cut out and placed over the background and the man. A metal washer was coloured black and stuck in the birds beak, and the finishing touch was a cut out cog placed in the bottom left corner and in the middle of the card front.



Recipe : Card = white from my stash
Ink : Adirondack black and Versamark
Stamps = Fiskars
Tools = Heat gun
Extras = 3D pads, Internet downloads, washer, and black embossing powder

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you've liked what you've seen


4 comments:

  1. A terrific steampunk card with lots of interesting elements. Thanks for sharing at Make My Monday. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bev, looks like you had fun with all the elements on this fab card. thankyou for joining Make My Monday.
    Suzi B :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bev, your card is adorable l love the elements its just perfect!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fantastic detail Bev - I love the man with the tank on his back - or is it just a weird back pack?! Vx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.