Pages

Sunday 22 April 2012

Friendship card

My card today is for two challenges


the first is the ColourQ challenge where they give us these colours


and next is Stampin' Royalty where they have this sketch




Here's what I came up with




The edges of the DSP were sponged with some gray ink to soften them. The daisy panel is raised on 3D pads for added dimension, and the finishing touches are white pearl gems in the centres of the flowers and black Lotus Pendant.

Recipe :
Card = Basic Black, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Crushed Curry ( I don't have More Mustard ), Dusty Durango, and white card base from my stash
Stamps = Upsy Daisy, and Basic Phrases
Inks = Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, Sahara Sand, and Gray Pro Marker
Tools = Big Shot, Nestabilities, Lotus Pendant, Readicut flower punches, Martha Stewart border punch, and Stamp-a-ma-jig
Extras = SU DSP and White Pearl gems


I absolutely love the flowers in Upsy Daisy, they look great as silhouettes and even better in colours. What do you think?


 
The next 2 weeks are going to be a little busy for me, as I'm looking after my friend Rita's 91year old Mum, Angela,  so she can have a holiday. The way I feel at the moment I think Angela will be looking after me!!!!! so we'll see how things go.

I hope I get chance to do some crafting, so please bear with me AGAIN.



7 comments:

  1. Hi Bev, Oh this is so lovely and how nice of you to be looking after your friends mum..........thats some age too!:)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Beverly, I love how you arranged your colors. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bev your card is great. What a wonderful use of this week colors. Thank you for playing along with us this week at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the colours and the sketch, Bev! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Bev! I agree about the flowers and you've coloured them beautifully! You are so lovely to give your friend a break. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Bev! I have trouble designing with that stamp, so I really appreciate the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! those colors would have been really difficult for me to come up with something, but you rocked it!! Great card, and fantastic use of the colors and sketch!! Thanks for playing this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.