Pages

Thursday 12 April 2012

Three Greens

Hello all, hope you're not feeling too sick after all your Easter eggs!!! I'm saving my egg for a rainy day..............which as it happens is today.Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Today, I've made a card for the Less is More challenge where Chrissie and Mandie want to see a project using     THREE SHADES of GREEN

I made this Pear Spotlight card, what do you think?




Choosing 3 greens was harder than I first thought as I have so many SU favourites, but in the end I decided on the ones that made the most of the coloured spotlight area. Using dark green I stamped the pears and leaves using the masking technique onto some white card, and then put it through the Big Shot with a label, and circle nestabilitie to cut the centre of the design out. I then used another green to colour all the pears in, but did a second coat of the two foreground pears to make them slightly darker ( so that's two greens), and then lastly, I coloured the leaf, the larger circle of card, and the larger label to mat and layer the design on. This was then placed on 3D pads onto a card stamped with the darker green sentiment.

Recipe :
Card = White card stock from my stash
Stamps = All Natural and Basic Phrases
Inks = Always Artichoke, Certainly Celery, and Lucky Limeade Write markers
Tools = Stamp-a-ma-jig, Post Its, Big Shot and Labels and circle nestabilities
Extras = 3D pads

 
Now the rain has stopped I really must go and mow my lawns, hope to be back soon.

Thanks for dropping by




5 comments:

  1. So good to see you back Bev and glad to hear that you've been round to Jacqueline's and actually got some crafting done! Your Spotlight card is vr effective with just greens - I love it! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is very effective and looks great-wonderful card

    ReplyDelete
  3. l think its great Bev, the colours for this weeks challenge are brilliant and l like this stamp too!:)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB spotlighting
    Super card


    So sorry I'm so late this week
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card... spotlighting is a great technique!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.