Pages

Saturday 7 April 2012

Mouse Pop Up Birthday card

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your patience while I've been sorting my health out, and I hope to be back regularly again soon.

I've had my hospital treatments, my neighbours funeral ( Bless him ), and just got over Conjunctivitis, so as soon as my hands start to ease I can do more crafting. Yaaaaaaaay!!

Meanwhile, It has taken me several weeks to make a card for my niece's first birthday on 16th April, but I thought I'd share it with you before I seal it in its envelope.

Sophie's favourite toy is her Molly Mouse, so with that in mind I made this pop up card 







The mice on the front were stamped onto patterned papers for their clothes and coloured in with pencils and Promarkers. The butterflies are stamped onto tracing paper and coloured with Promarkers and stuck down so their wings are dimensional.The grass was sponged and tufts of grass drawn with SU Write markers. I made the bunting out of scraps of card with letters printed from a CD.                                                                                         Inside, the little mouse in the blue blazer has his paws outstretched to catch the falling mouse in the red coat ( he is attached to acetate so he moves when the card is knocked ), and the little mouse in the corner is signing a card.


Here is a side view of the mouse on the acetate.






I hope she will like it?


Recipe :
Card =  Daffodil Delight and white card from my stash
Stamps = Crafter's Companion, and Daisy and Dandelion
Inks = SU Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, and Basic Black. Promarkers, pencils, and SU Write markers
Extras = Acetate and tracing paper



Tomorrow we're off to my sisters for an egg hunt so I hope the rain stops long enough for us to find them all!!

I am hoping to get some more projects made very soon, so please call back again if you can.

Happy Easter to you all, and what ever your plans I hope the weather is good, and don't eat too much chocolate !!!!!! ( I cant believe I've just said that!!  You can never have too much!! )






1 comment:

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.