Pages

Friday 11 May 2012

Watch the Birdie!!

My heating engineer has only just left ( 5.22pm ), thank goodness I didn't have anywhere important to be today!!

While waiting for him I had chance to do another card.


 It's for the Clean and Simple challenge where they have this sketch



and CAS-ual Fridays where they want to see feathered friends






 This is what I made

   

 I still had my blue and green inks and sponges on my desk so I sponged a label and layered it on a dark green one. I then stamped and coloured the dovecote on some white card, cut it out and stuck it on the label. I then stamped the white doves in grey ink, cut them out and added them to the picture, with the flying dove on 3D pads overhanging the scene. The sentiment was added, and the whole thing was added to some green card that had been embossed. Simples!!!



Here is a closer view of the white doves. I have softened them with an Aqua painter and some grey ink. I tried stamping them in black at first, but they looked too severe so I used the grey.




Recipe :
Card = Garden Green, Green Galore, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, and cream card base FMS
Stamps = Flower Soft and SU Basic Phrases
Inks = Pool Party, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Sahara Sand, and Basic Black
Tools = Big Shot, Nestabilities, Budding Vine embossing folder, and Aqua Painter
Extras = 3D pads


That's it for today, Thanks for looking and I hope to be back tomorrow?






3 comments:

  1. That's a brilliant card for the sketch Bev! I love the dovecote and your soft colours. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty stamp! Love the dive flying into the scene :0)
    Thanks for joining in the fun at CASual Fridays this week :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the texture and vibrant colors and that image is fab :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.