Pages

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Happy Birthday Owl

Hello, thanks for dropping by, I hope you like what you see.

Today at our Craft Club workshop we made a cute Owl Pop Up card, and surprisingly I managed to finish the card, all but the greetings which I've added this evening.

Isn't it cute!!


I started with a white square card from my stash and added a matt of SU Green Galore. The Owl was made with Jacqueline's SU Owl Punch in Chocolate Chip, with his wings made from a scallop circle cut in half ( Using a BS and nestabilities ), and his feathery chest was the stamped flourish from the SU Bliss set in CChip on Very Vanilla. The bunting, hat, and googly eyes were supplied by Jacqueline, and I added the occasional heart on the bunting flags. The Woodware sentiment was stamped in CChip and the bunting line drawn in a Letraset fine black pen.


The inside was lined with some more GGalore that had had 3 slits cut into the fold that were then folded in the other way to create somewhere for the owls to be stuck to. ( It's difficult to explain so I hope the photo speaks for itself?)

 I decorated the middle owl with eyelids and lashes, a pink tummy, and placed a tiara on her head.  ( This was made with a MS punch.)                                                                 Well we cant let the men have all the fun can we????                                                                                  The bunting was continued inside the card and again the sentiment was added in CChip                  
                                                                                 I hope you like the owls as much as I do-oo-oo-oo!!                                                                                                                                                       I'm sorry, I just couldn't stop myself!
 On that note I'd better sign off.


Tomorrow I'm spending the day at my sister's, so no doubt there will be some more emergencies and baddies for us Super Hero's ( Nathan and I ) to sort out, but if I'm not too tired from saving the world I may have time to make something else on Thursday.


See you again soon I hope.


  

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Bev - also, if you want your blog candy win please check my blog - end of July. This isn't spam - or even luncheon meat, truly!! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cute card Bev love the owl images they really are so cute:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the owls Bev - their expressions are priceless! Have fun saving the world - I did it earlier with my son, but it's like dusting, it seems to need doing every two minutes! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card Bev - glad you enjoyed the workshop - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've now moved blog and I can be found at

    http://beverleyscraftingcorner.blogspot.com.

    I unfortunately cannot access my old blog to let you know any other way

    SORRY!!!!! Bev.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. SORRY FOLKS PLEASE IGNORE THE ABOVE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

    THANK YOU

    BEV.X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me again... I love this card too, the owls are so sweet. I must have a go at creating something similar.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.