Pages

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Waiting Fairy sitting on grass

Hi everyone, thanks for dropping in to my blog.

Today I spent my usual hours at Jacqueline's getting hardly anything done, but I did start to make my entry for the Make My Monday challenge where we're still doing things with wings, but this week its Fairies or Angels.

I've got a lovely silhouette stamp of a fairy ( cant remember where from ) sat on some grass and decided to base my card on that. Have a look and see what you think




First I stamped the fairy in black Adirondack in the bottom corner of some Clarity Stamp silk card, and then I drew around a 2p on a Post It note, cut it out, and placed it towards the top left hand corner.

I then used my Speedball brayer and a Big and Juicy ink pad (Vibrant Primary) to roll colour in the corner down towards the moon till the Post It was covered, and it was peeled off. I then brayered some  Pesto Adirondack in the Fairy's corner.

Next I used Adirondack black to stamp flower silhouettes along the bottom of the card. I stamped an old tree in the top corner as if it was a protruding branch ( the tree was a sketch that I had made into a clear rubber stamp by a company I found in a magazine, Tandastamps ), and added some leaves from a Clarity set.

I must admit that most of the black ink ended up on my fingers, and when I touched the card it was transferred to places where I didn't want ink, so I had to keep stamping leaves to cover smudges.

The stamped picture was then mounted onto some really dark navy card and placed on a cream card from my stash, and finished with a black Verve sentiment.


WOW!!!!! I've just realised that I've not used my beloved BS or Stampin' Up products, what's going on???

I'm doing my Super Hero stuff tomorrow with Nathan, so hope to be back in a few days.

If you have the time to, I'd love to read your comments on my card.













10 comments:

  1. Wow Bev! I love this that fairy stamp is fabulous! I want one! lol
    Thanks for playing with the Make My Monday Challenge.
    Suzi B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is amazing love the image of the fairy and to sit it where you have is stunning:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Bev - fab brayering. Thank you for joining in again at Make My Monday - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bev.... wonderful work with the brayer. This is one thing I cannot master so my hat is off to you. Another stunning card from you this week for the Make My Monday challenge. Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made a really atmospheric card here Bev! I love effect of the brayering. I would love to spend a morning crafting with you and Jacqueline - you sound as if you have a real laugh! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card, congratulations on your colouring effects and use of the brayer. Many thanks for again sharing with us at make My Monday. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card and especially love your honesty about how you covered up your smudges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A real stunner Bev. I just love the scene you've created and the fabulous inking with the silhouette stamps.
    Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Make My Monday and it's lovely to see you joining in again.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW - this is amazing, I love the image of the fairy. I love the way the black looks against the background. Keep up the good work & I look forward to following your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card! It turned out incredibly gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.