Pages

Thursday 22 May 2014

Ring of Flowers

Yaaaay! I've just seen that I was one of the Top Picks at Sunday Stamps, so a big "Thank You" to Marie, and the DT. 

Well the weather stopped play for me today, but I'm glad it did, as instead of doing the gardening, I made this card. Looking for flowers, I turned to my favourite stamp set of the moment, Apothecary Art from SU.


I am entering into the following challenges:



The sketch is from Sunday Stamps,

the colours from ColourQ,





                                                         

the Paper Players have a theme of clean and simple
"FLORAL"


and lastly, Less is More also have a theme of 
"FLOWERS"




I coloured the flowers with my Aqua Painter and SU Markers, and fussy cut it before laying it on turquoise card that I also cut by hand. I pieced the sentiment together using my Stamp-a-ma-jig, and placed some tiny gems on the added butterfly.

Supplies :
Card - Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, and base FMS
Stamps - Apothecary Art and Papillon Potpourri
Inks - Black Archival, Crushed Curry, Tempting Turquoise, Lucky Limeade, and Melon Mambo
Tools - Aqua Painter, Big Shot, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Fancy Fan EF, Fiskars Scissors, and Butterfly Punch
Extras - 3D Pads and Gems

I must get a new daylight bulb for the lamp in my study/craft room, as the photos taken with my old camera are quite dark, so I apologise if the colours don't look quite right. Either that, or I must find time to do my photos and posting earlier in the day!

Thanks for dropping by, and I hope you all have a good weekend.








13 comments:

  1. Great card Bev and beautiful floral image with stunning colours.
    thanks for taking part
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Bev, it has a really nostalgic feel!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful card, Bev! I love the fancy label frame and beautifully colored flowers. Great job combining so many challenges. Thanks for playing along with us again at Sunday Stamps this week--please join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Bev!
    Thank you for your LIM entry
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Bev! Love how you used the colors with this image, too. Thank you so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flowers are gorgeous in those colours! Thanks so much for sharing your fantastic creation with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, what a beautiful card! The coloring on your flower wreath is amazing, I love it! So happy you joined us again at Sunday Stamps with a lovely creation! Congrats again on being a Top Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderfully coloured card! Love your matts and the little butterfly. Thanks for playing along with Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning image! So beautifully coloured. Thanks for playing along with the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That stamp looks amazing in those bright colours! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Bev, I love your coloring, especially the butterfly! So happy to see you at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so fun.. I love those bright colors and your use of the Sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.