Pages

Monday 5 March 2012

H 'O' ppy Birthday

I'm really under the weather today....the hospital refused me my treatment due to my flu symptoms, and my old neighbour ( who is in hospital) has "gone down hill" so I'm worried about him.

Yesterday, I pulled out a box with my dies in and found this old friendly frog, so decided to use him for my project.

The layout came from Clean and Simple

 and the colour palette from Pals Paper Arts, my choice colour was Melon Mambo ( you know I cant help but use the green/pink combo!!)







Here's the card where my hungry frogs are trying to jump the highest to catch their prey






I sponged the frogs with Always Artichoke, and made the long tongue out of a scrap of Melon Mambo. The foliage and dragonfly were stamped in Always Artichoke, and the Melon Mambo flowers were stamped on white card and cut out to place in the grass. The sentiment was done with SU Write markers so that the green O could be added at the end, and it was raised on 3D pads.


Recipe :
Card = Lucky Limeade, Whisper White, Melon Mambo, and white card base from my stash
Stamps = Organic Grace, Out of the Box, Fresh Cuts, and Woodware sentiment
Inks = Always Artichoke, Melon Mambo, and Black fine Letraset pen for the eyes
Tools = Big Shot and Sizzix Frog


Thanks for looking, and I hope to have the energy to be back soon









3 comments:

  1. Oh Bev, I'm not surprised you're feeling down. I do hope you feel better soon and get your treatment scheduled back in. Love the froggy card and, because I like a happy ending, I hope the dragonfly got away! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so sorry to hear your not feeling to good l hope you get better soon, your cards a stunner lovely images:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card! I just love those little frogs! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.