Pages

Monday 18 March 2013

Blue Bird

This is my second post today, and my card is for two challenges.


Paper Craft Crew with this sketch,

and Stampin' Royalty  who have these colours







Here's my card


I started by colouring the edges of a white card base and a square of white card with a Suede Write Marker. I then randomly stamped a brown flower onto some blue card, before wrapping yellow ribbon around it and layering onto the base, finishing with a bow. I used a border punch along one edge of the second card and laid some more white card on top. Here I stamped the bird from one of my favourite sets without his main tail, masked his body with a Post It, and then stamped the elaborate feathers in its place. I stamped three yellow flowers which I grouped in the corner, with one on 3D pads. For the final touches I added the sentiment and gems.

Supplies :
Card = Pool Party, and White card and base FMS
Stamps = Whimsical Wings and Verve
Inks = Soft Suede, Pool Party and Summer Starfruit
Tools = Stamp-a-ma-jig  AND NO BIG SHOT!!!
Extras = Yellow ribbon and Blue gems (the closest to the challenge colours I had )

Tomorrow, I am dog sitting "Charlie" for my friend while she goes to a funeral, so I may not get chance to do any crafting till late in the day, but I will be back at my desk when I can.

Thanks for dropping by today, and Thank You for all your lovely comments



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Bev I love the bird and his splendid tail:) the colours work so well together
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful card Bev!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Bev, Don't these colours look marvellous together! I love your bird and the clever adding of the beautiful tail feathers. All the swirly stamps look lovely here. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card Bev, and so great to join those in those two challenges. Thanks for joining in with our sketch challenge this week at The Paper Craft Crew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Wonderful impression of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bev,

    I just love your card. Gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew! You are also a Featured Artist for Week #33 and I'll be posting later this evening. There is a new badge which you can grab for your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love to read every one, and I really appreciate your time in leaving me your thoughts.